Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Jots & Tittles

I guess you could say that this blog post is just a bunch of "small and miniscule" things which haven't been posted yet, but may be of interest to somebody out there.
Anyway, here ya go...

Last Sunday was Father's Day (Dia dos Pais) in Brazil - the second Sunday of August. Just like in the States, it isn't that big of a deal. Take a look at that treat!! Ha. 
And...
Every ward needs a good choir, don't cha know. 
While we're talking church, Don and Wayne have taught the Gospel Doctrine class a couple of times. I'm sure they did a fine job, but since it was in Portuguese it was a little hard for me to tell.

Sylvana and Jefferson Rasaro invited us over to their house Sunday. He is the 1st Counselor in the ward and she is the stake Relief Society President. They both work with us in the temple, as well.


While we're talking food, yesterday the temple presidency cooked up a wonderful feijoada lunch for the staff, security, and missionary couples. 
 (We all helped put it together.)
(The end result was enjoyed by all!)

One of the things I love about Brazil is that there are these popcorn stands everywhere. I do love good pipoca. 

While we're still talking food, Madero Burger and Grill advertises that they make the "best burger in the world". These restaurants are found everywhere in the state of Paraná. We just had to see for ourselves. 
We each gave them a 2-thumbs-up. They may not be the best in the world, but they are they sure are the best we have found in Curitiba! - so far. 
And the desserts are really good, too.


We have Family Home Evening once a month at the apartments. The young missionaries in our ward and their investigators are always invited to join us. This was last night's group.


The only other thing I can think to add this week is about my trip to the dentist. As I was eating a frozen cookie Sunday afternoon, I chomped down on something exceedingly hard and found it to be a piece of tooth. Oh, no! What to do? Up comes the tender mercy - Presidente Oliviero called his dentist and they got me in yesterday afternoon and she fixed the whole thing in just one visit. Now it's as good as new!
(We had to wear footies. Ya gotta keep that white tile pristine and germ free. Presidente had to fill out the registration form for me. Did I mention how much we love our president?)


Oh, one last thing - 
Who knew that Brazilians really do eat Brazil Nuts!?
Yep, they do. And they even like them!

2 comments:

  1. Hey those things all interest me! I guess a belated happy Father's Day is in order! Sorry about the tooth, but at least you get to bring home a Brazilian one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Hope your tooth is feeling better now! Ice cream shouldn't make your tooth come out. ☹️

    ReplyDelete